[pct-l] Resupply details

In a message dated 9/25/2003 10:16:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
davedesign@yahoo.com writes:

> 2233.1 Trout Lake
> It doesn't seem that people use this town.  Is it really customary to haul
> from Cascade Locks all the way to White Pass?

It may be customary but I wouldn't do it.  Trout Lake provides just about
everything a long distance hiker needs.  You could also do a resupply or mail
drop at the small store near Panther Creek, but a mile off trail.  Sorry I forget
the details on this one, but it would avoid carring a heavy pack up 4500 feet
of elevation during the 1st 30 miles or so of this section.

Also don't forget Onyx and/or Lake Isabella or Kernville to bust up the 150
mile section from Mojave to Kennedy Meadows

Sly