[pct-l] hiker blues

Well, I finally have some time to send a message -- been working 12 hours a
day the last couple of weeks and am envious of all this years thru hikers.
Doesn't look like I'll be doing much but working for the next couple of
weeks. Best of luck to this years crop. How does this years number of hikers
compare with last years? From what I've been reading it sounds like there's
less thru hikers this year
   Hard to believe that an aluminum ice ax weighs less than a titanium one.
My 70 cm alpenlite titanium weighs in at 16 oz.  An aluminum 60 weighs 6 +
ounces less??