[pct-l] Re: Shoes, not boots

Well, last year I hiked over 1700 miles in Vasque Avaniti trail runners.
The first pair lasted 1100 miles, the second pair outlasted the trail.
I've since switched to NB 803s and have done very limited hiking in them
(no more than 100 miles).  In all of my shoes I have replaced the insoles
with Superfeet (I've nticed a trend here).  I like the NB shoes better
because they are already broken in out of the box.  The Vasque shoes took
about 50-60 miles of hardcore hiking to break in.  When these 803s give
out (I'l replace them after my next 170 mile hike in two weeks to get a
new pair for the Long Trail this summer), I'll probably look for something
different...not that I don't like them...but you never know what you'll
find when you look hard enough.  Happy Trails -Howie