[pct-l] San Gabriels

Greetings, Strider!

We just had the first three hikers break through on their northbound =
trek (Dusty Bottoms, Ned Nederlander, and Lucky Day).  San Jacintos have =
lots of snow, but are "doable".  Baden-Powell had too much snow to go =
over, so they went around on an alternate road (same miles, less snow). =
Highway 2 is still closed and deep in snow.  However, the good news is =
that they made it through.  If you want to stick to the trail, the ice =
ax and crampons will be a must, at least as of the time they passed =
through.  They're still here (but sleeping off last night's margaritas =
and birthday celebration, I suspect).  I'll have them respond to you to =
give you a more detailed update when they're up and about.

Thanks again for the wonderful time last weekend -- you did a =
spectacular job planning and officiating.  We were euphoric from seeing =
all of the hikers and getting a fix of trail talk. =20

-=3DDonna Saufley=3D-
Agua Dulce Hiker Heaven

multipart/alternative
  text/html