[pct-l] Can you help me get in touch with Trail Angels?

Roy wrote:

Regarding Trail Angels, it's been my feeling that you don't find them --
they
just show up when needed.

Roy's right - you don't find them, they find you.  I suspect one of the
quickest ways of turning a very nice person into a grouchy _non_-trail-angel
is to assume, even subtly, that they _owe_ you a service.  (Not saying
that's what Rick intended to do, but it's an easy attitude to slip into.)

You should always plan your entire hike as though you won't receive any
offers of aid at all.  If you've planned to get through the desert without
water stashes, or for getting into town without rides, etc, then no matter
what happens, you're ready for it.  Maybe the water stash is used up.  Maybe
the guy who you thought was going to give you a ride is on vacation.  If
your plans aren't built on these things, then they won't kick you off the
trail.

And any trail magic that you happen to run into (a water stash, a free bed,
a hot shower) becomes a bright, shining point in your travel rather than
just another survival technique.

Of course, if people like Bill and Molly Person invite you to contact them,
as they've just done, then by all means do it.  :-)

Eric