Re: [pct-l] Snow in the San Gabriel Mtns.

Greg wrote:
>FWIW, the visible snow in the San Gabriel Mtns viewed from the south face
>(note the PCT runs along the north face of several peaks here) has been
>reduced to the upper 500 feet or so of Mt. Baldy (10,000' +) by consistent,
>dry, warm weather in the LA area for several weeks.
>
>Caveat:  Spring storms are possible up to late June, early July most years
>that could reverse the current situation.
>
>Anybody gone hiking up there or in the San Bernardinos or San Jacintos
>recently?

	The north side of the San G's has patches down to what looks like
about 6500, looking nearly solid above about 8000 - but I don't know the
depth, ust basing off appearance from Palmdale, here on the north side.
These mts haven't received snow in a few weeks.....but it is true, they can
still get dusted even in June.....
	North slope of Mt Pacifico is the last snow til the Sierras, were
one hiking northbound today.
Kevin Corcoran