[pct-l] PCT at White Pass

 Had a great day snowshoeing the PCT from White Pass north today. (plenty of
snow!! ) Stop at Sand Lake Shelter for lunch and had to dig down four ft.
just to get in the thing. Maybe 15 ft of snow at Sand Lake. Used a little
alcohol stove to heat shelter , which is well insulated with snow. Temp. was
in the mid-30's and no wind. Down bags work fine on a thru-hike. Don's bag in
77 was a Northface down and he still uses it. New manmades fibers are fine
too, but lose loft much quicker than down. I've had four syn. bags and one
down. I also hike in the rain more than anybody( live 20 miles from the
Olympics) The key to down is keeping it dry. Just bag it in a cheap garbage
bag placed in the stuff sack. Also a good tent is needed. Either a down or a
syn. will work on the PCT. Just buy a good one.