[pct-l] Esbit Stoves

My friend and I used the esbit stove for our JMT hike in 1997.  It worked
quite well
for two people.  However, we wouldn't have even thought of using one tablet
per
meal.  We used two to three tablets at a time and got boiling water fairly
quickly.

I later used the stove just for myself and tried to get by on one tablet
because of the cost and I didn't want to carry boxes of tablets.   It took a
long time to boil (wish I was more scientific but I don't count the time) and
sometimes the flame went out before the water boiled.  So I'm now back to at
least 2 tablets at a time.

Lynn