Re: [pct-l] PUR filters

Scott Thompson, you make good points.  I too expect performance from my gear,
but I limit my expectations to a reasonable level and don't expect gear to
perform miracles.  I also take advantage of guarantees where products don't
perform to the guaranteed level.  However, I view this as a favor not a
right, unless the product has truly failed due to defect.  Expecting a filter
to not clog, without regard to the quality of water being filtered, is blind
expectation.  PUR does the long distance hiking community a favor by offering
this guarantee and in that sense it is a feature of their product.  It
doesn't mean that it will or should not clog when you expose it to repeated
intense use.

Therein, it comes down to my perspective of the contract.  I view it as a
favor not a right and therefor, I would choose to compliment them first and
then complain, rather than take them to task as though I have a right and
they have violated my right.

IMHO,

Best regards,

Greg "Strider" Hummel