[pct-l] ;River crossing footwear

I did not want to carry extra shoes, but needed something to cross rivers
with or to pad around in some of the resupply spots.  I ended up putting my
tenny insoles in a tight pair of thin nylon socks (from the hiker box). I
had put superfeet in my shoes but was still carrying the original insoles
in case the Superfeet did not work out.  This gave me cushioning, some
insulation and a surprising amount of traction.  I  often used to cross
streams in my bare feet.  The early season Sierra streams and my tender
thruhiker feet forced me into the above-mentioned strategy.  A few streams
(Evolution, and Kerrick, Bridge), I crossed in my shoes just because I was
stunned at the quantity of water coming my direction.

Goforth