Re: [pct-l] boots

I love my Vasque Sundowners. The heel support is quite good and the
high-cut style means that I get a little extra protection around the
ankle which I think is worthwhile. I can twist, stub, or otherwise abuse
my foot/ankle in these things and feel confident I won't really hurt
myself (and I am always twisting my ankle it seems). They do well in all
conditions too. I've never gotten a blister wearing my Sundowners on or
off (they are my de facto winter shoe for around town too) the trail.

I also like my Vasque Exodus, but I'm not sure that they'll take as much
abuse as the Sundowners or be as good in wet conditions. I also have a
pair of Clarions that are OK, but I tend to use them more as a bad
weather town sneaker than anything else since they don't fit as well.

All in all, I'd buy Vasque again and again. There are certainly less
expensive shoes out there and if conditions were right I would consider
some of the really light weight ones, but those conditions have not come
up yet and I'm unwilling to change in the shoe department since I know
the Sundowners work so well even after a long day.

  ** Ken **

**        krk@home.msen.com           http://home.msen.com/~krk     **