Re: [pct-l] Alcohol Stoves

I think it's time to throw another log on the Alcohol Stove fire.  Awhile
back, I found http://uvol.com/scouts/stove/stove.htm which has pretty good
directions for making an aluminum version out of two soda cans.  I think
there may be an error in Step 1.  One inch equals 2.54 cm.

Picking up on the mega stove thread, I suppose it would be pretty easy to
substitute two 24 oz or 32 oz aluminum cans for the standard 12 oz Diet Coke
variety.  I have seen a lot of beer and malt liquor in the larger cans.  The
larger cans of course have a larger diameter which equates to more surface
area for the fuel and (for lack of a more technical term) a bigger fire.  I
hesitate to say HOTTER fire, as I am certain to get flamed on that.  I
haven't made any of these stoves, but I am planning to make at least a
couple of different sizes over Christmas break.

Anybody up for an Alcohol Stove Comparison (or Contest, nyuk nyuk) at the
ADZPCTKOP?

Hike on !!  Bob Riess at the TrailHead in San Diego.  Happy Holidays