[pct-l] Alcohol stoves

Just thought I'd let everyone know what I ran into. I just got the small
Trangia stove. My first test on it I used dry gas for fuel, boiling two
cups of cold tap water in four and a half minutes. The problem was high
(and apparently hot) yellow flames leaving a messy oily deposit across the
bottom of the pot. Test two I used denatured alcohol, taking eight minutes
to boil two cups of cold tap water, but with a clean, blue flame.
I think the reason for the difference is that the dry gas probably
contained some petroleum products, and since there's no "ingredients" label
there's no way to tell for sure. So this is mostly a warning to be
careful... I don't know that there's a problem with the dry gas I picked,
but I also don't know that there's NOT a problem, I'll stick with the
8-minute alcohol if I have a choice.

Skeeter