Re: [pct-l] Alcohol stove contest

I am currently constructing an alcohol stove from the drain pipes that
transportation departments use as culverts beneath highways for stream
crossings.  It is approximately three feet in diameter, made of heavy gauge
stainless steel.  I have cut a two foot high section of this and mounted a
cut-in-half steel barrel (like those that oil comes in) centered into the
middle and suspended above the ground by six inches with steel supports
welded to the outer ring.  I have drilled four inch diameter holes into the
outer ring to provide air flow.  I have put in sixteen pounds of steel wool
into the half barrel.

This stove is very simple to use, just put in approximately four gallons of
alcohol, ignite and standback!

I lay claim to the largest and heaviest alcohol stove built and challenge
that rain-soaked Washingtonian Monte to just try to build one bigger!

I haven't figured out how to get it to the ADZPCTKOP yet.  Does anyone have
flat bed truck that is going that way?

Best regards,

Phenal Pinkerbody
PCT 2000 - 2005