[pct-l] Vote for "scrubs"

RE:
>.Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 09:56:09 -0700
>From: Paul A Magnanti <pmags@juno.com>
>Subject: [pct-l] Mosquitoes...

>    I find hosptital scrub pants to be a good type of pants to wear to
>keep the skeeters away.
>They are not as hot as as nylon pants, are more comfy in camp, are pretty
>lightweight,  and are very inexpensive. Many Army surplus stores sell
>them.  Not a bad thing to consider to pack for camp in the height of
>skeeter season.

Paul's suggestion is right on.  I've used scrubs for years.
And scrub pants go on/off over boots where most nylon pants
(except for the expensive variety with boot with zippers) don't.
I did miss the many pockets of the nylon pants,
but found that the scrubs slip on over the SHORTS which have
many pockets. The only disadvantages I've found are
that they don't dry quite as quickly as nylon, weigh a bit more
(especially when wet), and don't clean up as easily on the trail.
I tried the nylon this year, and will most likely go back to
scrubs--or carry one of each.