[pct-l] Superglue vs sutures vs steri-strips

I have heard about surgeons using super glue to seal up wounds.  Supposedly
needs to be replaced every few days as it heals.  Does any other medical
people on the list have experience with this & would this be a good
alternative to sutures and/or seri-strips???

I agree with John's comment (Take a pack of 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch
steri-strips.;John Vonhof; vonhof@pacbell.net) I always take steri-strips
but never a suture kit.

The only medications I carry are:
	ibuprofen (Advil;Motrin) - anti-inflammatory; Pain
	acetaminophen (Tylenol) - pain, HA
	diphenhydramine (Benadryl) - allergic rxns, runny nose
	loperamide (Imodium) - diarrhea
	Tums-antacid-stomache upset ??maybe from a lot of Advil--it's
getting harder 		going up those switchbacks

Never had a need for antibiotics.  I hike a lot with Scouts and would hate
to see allergic reaction in a boy from an antibiotic not prescribed by a
physician.

Douglas A. Prosser, Pharm.D.

Ambulatory Care Pharmacist-Pediatric Oncology
Kaiser Permanente
5601 De Soto Ave.
Woodland Hills, CA 91367

Phone: 818-719-3686 (8-348-3686)