1st 99 thru-hikers finish

Just thought I'd post a short note to let everyone know the first
thru-hikers for 99 have finished!!!  I completed the trail on 8/27 and
my two travelmates, Kevin and Lindy, finished 8/29.  All of the hard work
expended getting through the snow in CA and OR will payoff for those on the
trail as WA is virtually snowfree.  Watchout for lots of snow 14 miles past
White pass, the trail is a winter wonderland until the footbridge over the
entrance to Mt. Rainer NP.  Also, I would recommend an ice ax for fire creek
pass that is approximately the halfway point of the traverse(yeah
right)around Glacier Peak.

-Steve