Re: [pct-l] Superglue vs sutures vs steri-strips

Re: Antibiotics and pain killers

I would NEVER give an antibiotic to someone other than my own family who
has taken the medicine before. My meds are pescriptions for me, usually
from a doctor or dentist. I am NOT advoacting dispensing of antibiotics. My
understanding is that this is dangerous.

However, my understanding is that self-diagnosis [something that doctors
hate] is NOT dangerous. A broad spectrum antibiotic should be used in
relatively specific situations. True, one would rather run several tests to
be sure but treating a clear and dangerous infection with a broad spectrum
antibiotic is preferable as opposed to doing nothing for 2-3 days until
help arrives.