[pct-l] Yet another thru-hiker sighting

This was the third weekend trip I've taken to the Sierras this summer
and managed to run into thru-hikers on every one of them. Even more
coincidenatally, I knew one of them. I had met Melonie last year while
working a trail crew near Sonora Pass. Saturday, I had left from
Carson Pass to climb Round Top when I ran into Melonie and her
husband, Jason. They'd left Campo very late due to Melonie's teaching
assignment. They were both resigned to not making it to Manning Park
this year but that didn't seem to be affecting their enjoyment any.
Both of them were in good shape and none the worse for wear despite
their long hike.

-Karl

Karl "Birdman" Brandt PCT97 LT98                       (650) 725-3686
http://gump1.stanford.edu/kbrandt/