Re: [pct-l] Skin reaction on ankles

Hey your slogan sounds perfect, educational rather than just inflammatory.

I like Coolmax, my body just doesn't like the kind that has rubber elastic
woven through it.  I have found some of the very thin liner coolmax
socks(without elastic) are fine to wear in my sleeping bag.  I have tried
polyester, silk,  and women"s nylons as liner socks  - all with the same
results.  They give me blisters.   I have tried this repeatedly because I
could not figure out why other people were using it and it wasn't working
for me.  Basically I have very flexible, mobile feet  and I get blisters
from the silk liner rubbing on the outer sock.  The slippery socks make my
feet slide around in the shoe more, causing more friction and more
blisters.  The same thing happens with Duct tape for me - it causes
blisters.  I use athletic tape(often with tincture of benzoin) because the
tape is slightly sticky on the outside and it actually sticks itself to the
sock, which is what helps me.

Goforth

*