Re: [pct-l] Skin reaction on ankles

In a message dated 5/3/99 12:21:27 PM PST, goforth@cio.net writes:

<< The "Cotton Kills!" people maybe should also re-examine their overly broad
generality.... cotton also cools and can save lives in desert situations,
where wicking attire may not only be inappropriate, but contribute to heat
prostration. >>

I'm a firm believer in the "Cotton Kills" song, being a snow camper.
However, you are absolutely right!  We should change the lyrics to, "Kotton
Kills in the Kold".  It was the Egyptians, or maybe their forebears, who
discovered that loose-fitting cotton was the answer for desert backpacking.
(But put Coolmax on your list.  It dries faster after you rinse it out in the
creek.)

Your post will no doubt help others whose "sunburn" wasn't cured by heavy
doses of SPF40.  Glad it worked for you.