[pct-l] Yosemite

I just wanted to share my first experience at Yosemite!  It was nothing
at all as I had imagined it to be - it was so much more!  I spent 3 days
in Yosemite last week - hiked 13 miles around the valley, took massive
amounts of photos of El Cap, Half Dome, Bridal Veil Falls, etc.  I found
myself pausing at times trying to soak in all of the beauty, trying to
memorize every aspect so I could carry it back with me when I returned
to Pennsylvania.
We were careful with our food as a sign posted in the parking lot at
Curry Village stated that 48 cars had been broken into by bears just in
April alone.
I wasn't able to work a hike of the PCT into my vacation plans so I had
to be satisfied with a photo op at Cameron Road - the Cache Peak
Segment.  I ran down the trail a ways and proclaimed I had hiked a
"chunk" - small as it was, it was a thrill just to be there!  The
foothills of Tehachapi were beautiful!  I can't wait to go back!
Good luck to the Class of '99!

Kathy