[pct-l] Re: weakness of the mind and spirit

"Bernie Krausse" <bern@olypen.com>wrote:

>>One needs to take the trail and its resources for what it is and not
bring in civilization and society and its weakness of the mind and spirit
into the lives of through hikers.<<

The trail itself is man made, and is an intrusion of "civilization and
society" into the wilderness. There is nothing sacred about the resources
found along the trail. Because the USFS decided to put in a faucet, does
that make it "acceptable" where using a water drop is not?

By walking on the trail instead of bush whacking you are bringing "weakness
of the mind and spirit" into your life.

Let's try and be reasonable, and not preach purity. As long as we don't
leave the trail any worse than when we found it I really don't see the
problem. Each hiker sets his/her own standard. As long as they are true to
themselves, then they are winners.

Go hike through Mojave Forks, or along the LA aquaduct. Look at the
grafitti, filth and destrucion ON the trail. Then come back and tell me
that water jugs at, or near a road crossing are unacceptable, especially
since they will be cleaned up.

All IMHO. YMMV

-Brick Robbins