Re: [pct-l] Anza Reservation

Monte,

   I'm almost sure the pct does not cross the anza indian
reservation no longer,  what I've heard from other hikers the
trail has been relocated out of the reservation since we all
hiked the pct, back then the choice was either hike around
or take a chance and hike through. there was a warning
in the old winnett guide book that hikers were not welcome
on the reservation.
   We did take the chance and hiked through with no problems
and if my memory is correct the trail was just a few miles
inside the reservation, there was also a pretty good water
source on the trail in the reservation. I was very apprehensive
about hiking through and relived when we made it out to the
road near anza.
  Monte, our friend Don was one of three hikers that I was
with when hiking across the Anza indian reservation, the
other two hikers which I can't remember right now, but I'll
get back to you after I look at my journal and see who they
were.

Jeff