[pct-l] Bears North of Tuolumne

Yes.  There are bad bears on the PCT north of Yosemite and those of you who slept with your food were fortunate.  Which was fortunate for the rest of us.  That bear paw will rip right through your tent wall, and you.  I had a bear brush my tent (I was in it), on his way to my cooking area at Lost Lake in Section J.  I don't want to lose an eye because a bear has discovered food in your tent and wonders if there might be some in mine.  I can go without food but I want to keep all my body parts.  With bears, possession is only nine tenths of the law.  The other tenth is variable.  The bears in section J are the same ones that invade and destroy homes in Markleeville - a resupply point - and trash the dumpsters at Kirkwood Meadows near Carson Pass.  I have been told that some of the bad bears that have been relocated from the Yosemite area to Emigrant Gap make their way to the PCT near Soda Springs/Norden in the summer.  Don't know this for a fact.  I do know that people have been carred (forced to climb onto the roof of their SUV as opposed to treed) in the area, if they are to be believed.
Helen