Re: [pct-l] Pack capacity for PCT truhike

Well I agree - You can carry 18 pounds in an old sheet easier than you can
carry 50 pounds anywhere [I carry it around my waist );]
But----
I read that the Mountainlight internal frame packs weigh 3 pounds [small]
and 4 pounds [big]. That is 1.75 pounds less than a full, unmodified
Jansport D-5. [not made any more-sorry]. I think we'd walk further with the
external -- extra weight and all.

So what we need man is discipline -- discipline to not put any more in a
full pack than in a mini pack. But, hell man, if I had discipline I know
where to save 50 pounds.