[pct-l] We made it!

Hi everyone,

On October 26, 1998, four of us finally completed our one-way journey from
Mexico to Canada via the PCT and arrived at Manning Park in British
Columbia. Myself, Jim Horan, Graham Johnson and Jennifer Pittman arrived
together in high spirits having enjoyed over a week of great weather to end
our 5 months journey from the Mexican border. From the sign in book at
monument 78 there were 5 others that had completed their trip in Canada
this year so far. They were in order of completion, Joshua (tall red haired
guy, pancake challenge champ, don't remember his last name), Jason Lakey,
Jonathon Breen, Chris and Janelle (lastnames?) and then us four.

Hello again to all the hikers we met in southern California and also to all
the other southbounders we met in northern California. Can't wait to hear
from some of you folks.

Janice completed her 600 mile journey as planned at Timberline Lodge and
Maddie, my border collie, made it almost a thousand miles to Stevens Pass.

Take care, can't wait to hear some stories and maybe tell a few myself.

Mark Dixon