[pct-l] mmmm, cat food...

From pct-l-digest on 10/26/98 7:26 PM:

>> A variation of Ray J.'s recommendation of corn pasta I have found is dried
>> dog food!
>
>Hey dood, dried dog food is great trail fare if you're running low on more
>palatable chow. Sally's packing about 8 lb in her bags here
>http://wolfpacks.com/sally.htm Many has been the day on the trail when I've
>munched down on rice & lamb meal with my mutt. High end dried dog food is
>pure carbs and protein, with a good dose of fat thrown in. The perfect
>trail food for man and beast.

Dog food's okay, but cat food is better. Cats are obligate carnivores, so
cat foods have more protein and a more satisfying meaty taste. They also
come in a smaller kibble, so they'd be easier to cram in a pack. I
recommend Iams (Regular, not the Less Active), sold only in pet stores
(don't buy supermarket brands, they're filled with junk).

You know, I never thought about taking pet food out on the trail before,
but it actually sounds like a really good idea. Mmmmmmm, I can taste it
now, and no cooking!

;)

-d

diane cohn __________________________________________ diane@wildeye.com