Re: [pct-l] mmmm, cat food...

Diane Cohn wrote:

> Dog food's okay, but cat food is better. Cats are obligate carnivores, so
> cat foods have more protein and a more satisfying meaty taste.

I think most dry cat food has a real tart taste (like vinegar), but you may be
right, it might have more protein than dog food. I usually make a mix of lamb &
rice meal dog food and Meow Mix for the trail. Usually about the third day out,
after the stash of a dozen Clif Bars is gone, my mutt Sally will resign herself
to the fact that she isn't going to mooch any more bites off my burritos, so
she'll break down and start eating dog food. I think Clif Bar ought to use her in
an ad. She'd do six backward somersaults for a Clif Bar.