Re: [pct-l] Slow-thru-hiking the PCT

Peter, you wrote:

>My lively imagination tells me I can thru-hike the PCT, but reality notices I
have limited >stamina (I have Parkinson's), and in all likelihood I'd be lucky
if I pulled off 10 miles per day.  >I'd appreciate hearing any observations
about how viable a thru hike might be at that rate, >e.g., how far am I likely
to get, how many summers it's likely to take, how feasible resupply >would be,
etc.  I'm in awe of the stamina exhibited by folks who are walking the whole
trail, >but I'm also trying to make sense of my yearning.

If you can imagine it, I don't think anyone on this list would say anything
but, "Go for it!"  I don't know what your limitations are, but if you can
cover 10 miles a day -- not for a few days, but for 135 days, i.e., a four and
a half month hiking season -- you could do the whole thing in two years!

Resupply could be a challenge in some areas.  Carrying more than six days'
groceries is not pleasant, and there are some stretches where you might have
to do that at 10 mpd.  Perhaps you could arrange a meet with someone between
mail drops where necessary.  There are also several desert segments of 20
miles or more without reliable water.  You have to carry enough to get
through.

Get the PCT Trail Guides if you don't have them, and do the detailed planning
that is required of any of us on a thru-hike.  Good luck!