Re: [pct-l] Slow-thru-hiking the PCT

Dear Peter,

you wrote:

>I'm in awe of the
>stamina exhibited by folks who are walking the whole trail . . .

I am not familiar with the limitations to your stamina that Parkinsons may
impose, however, in regard to the fantastic thru-hiker stamina, it is
something that is the result of a major mental commitment, toughness and
persistence.  The thru-hiker stamina is earned by the will to continue and
will not come about without this mental fortitude.

Your yearning to hike the PCT is the first symptom of people who exhibit
this mental fortitude and I will venture yours will exhibit itself whether
over the course of one summer or five.

IMHO,

Greg "Strider" Hummel