Re: [pct-l] ZIP stoves

List Administrator Brick Robbins quoted a regulation:
>====
>Stove fire means a campfire built inside an enclosed stove or gill,
>a portable brazier, or a pressurized liquid or gas stove, including
>a space heating device
>====

Friends:  This regulation says that all campfires are stoves.  It
obviously does not follow that all stoves are campfires.  Hence, there
*is* a distinction.

A Zip is thus both.  My trusty MSR is just a stove, not a campfire.

This regulation says that there are 3 things that are "stove fires":
1.  A campfire built inside an enclosed stove or grill.
2.  A portable brazier.
3.  A pressurized liquid or gas stove, including a space heating
    device.

The quoted regulation could certainly have benefitted from better
punctuation, but since it is not possible to build a campfire inside
a "pressurized liquid or gas stove", Brick's interpretation makes
no sense.  (To clarify, Brick's interpretation that "Stove fire means a
campfire built inside....a pressurized liquid or gas stove" makes no
sense.  Clearly, after the words "Stove fire means", comes the list of 3
things [including campfires] which are stove fires.  Again, this just
means all campfires are stoves, not that all stoves are campfires.)

Excuse me while I go hiking,
Jan