Re: [pct-l] resend msg

I just finnished the JMT on 9/15/98 and saw Brian Sweet at Vermillion Valley
Resort on about 9/12/98. (Vermillion is a very hiker-friendly spot, where they
let PCT/JMT thru-hikers stay the first night free!).  He only had about 160
miles left and predicted that he would be done in 6 days.  He mentioned that he
was hiking with Brian and Martina but decided to go at a little faster pace.
He also mentioned that he saw "Marathon Man" a few days earlier and that MM was
about one day ahead of him going south baound, but had to go to Mexico since he
started in Canada.
    I also ran into a swiss couple - Martin and Cibyl, who were extremely nice
and coninuing northbound after skiiping the sierras and finnishing
Oregon/Washington before returning to Kennedey Meadows to complete their
northbound hike.  They probably had about two-three more weeks to go before
finnishing.

Peace,
Dude in TX