Re: [pct-l] Re: Mail Lead Time

Tom,
  I believe "parcel post" is simply the PO's term for packages (not first
class letters) sent via ground transport.  Cheaper, and slower, than priority,
which is sent generally air.  Actually, my question about PCT town mailings
concerns the other end of the spectrum - how long will packages generally be
held by the post offices before being returned.  Is there a general guideline
followed by all, or is it best to either note on package approx. date of pickup,
or perhaps to call the post office directly and explain your situation.
  On the AT, "holdover time" wasn't an issue for me, because I had a helper
at home sending out stuff for immediate retrieval by me.  Here, I'll be sending
a bunch of packages to a number of different post offices a good many weeks in
advance of my arrival.  Anyone, what's the modus operandi here?
- Blister>Free '96 AT