[pct-l] POSTING QUESTION

On Mar 30, 2006, at 3:22 AM, reinholdmetzger@cox.net wrote:

> When I respond to a pct-l post it always winds up as a separate post,
> it
> never attaches to the prior post that I'm responding to.  When you
> responded
> to my original post on the pct-l how did you attach your reply to my
> post,
> it did not go to your mail box. You replied directly to the pct-l post
> and
> it attached to my post.

"Highlight" or "select" the entire single message you want to reply to
by rolling your cursor over it, leaving all the rest of the full list
un-highlighted, then hit reply.  You should then see only the message
you highlighted appear in the body of your reply message, and it should
appear as a "quotation" just like the message you see below this.  The
"To" address of your reply will be pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net, but
you can delete that and only reply directly to the writer of the
message.  OR you leave the pct-l address just as it is, and then add to
it the address of the person you are replying to by cutting and pasting
it into the "To" or "Cc" line.  Also, you should delete the Subject
line that will appear automatically, and cut and paste in the subject
line of the message you are replying to.  Of course you can only do
this if the mail program you use lets you.  I have a Mac and use Mail
(OS X).  And of course you can only do this if you have at least a
foggy idea what I just said.

I hope it helps.  And hope your shoulder is mending well.      Regards,
  Two Legs