[pct-l] Create the ultimate PCTwebsite

Mike-

i am going to take a crack at this.  take a look at google's new
finance site here- try dragging the graph.

http://finance.google.com/finance?cid=22144

now, imagine, instead of a scrolling graph of stock performance, it is
a scrolling elevation profile of the entire pct. notice how as you
drag/scroll the graph, the headlines/content to the right of the graph
changes (uses ajax- no page reloading).  instead of headlines, it
would be significant datapoints.  clicking on one would get additional
info: pictures, water, nearby towns, trail angels.  also, at the top,
instead of closing price changing in real time, it would be elevation,
mileage & lat/lon.

as you would drag/scroll the elevation profile, a second scrollable
window located below the first with topos of the pct would also be
changing (just like google maps).  the 2 would be linked: as you drag
one, the other also changes.

a third view located below the other 2 would show a 3-d rendered view
of the trail generated by mapping software.

bearcan't

http://bearcant.org