[pct-l] going to the KOP..woo hoo!

You know..this had been quite the week for me in terms
of getting mentall psyched for my upcoming trek.

I saw Walkin Jim Stoltz at CU-Boulder Sunday night. If
you have never seen Walkin' Jim..well, in brief he is
singer/songwriter who has walked 26000+ miles. He's
one of our tribe, and often plays at ALDHA-East
Gatherings. Most of his mileage is off trail. The best
part of the show (IMO) are the photos that go with the
music.  Inspiring..esp. as many were of the Rockies.

Then Monday night I saw Andrew Skurka's C2C
presentation at the REI in Denver. The first part of
the show was great...could tell it was quite the
exciting trip for him. He was always talking about the
people he met throghout the trip and the scenery he
saw in the wild parts of the Gaspe' Peninsula
(Quebec), the Rockcies, the Cascades and the Olympics.
 The last part was about gear which does not interest
me as much, but was quite the revelation for most of
the audience. Pepsi can stoves still aren't known to
the general public yet!

And just recently, bought my plane ticket to the KOP.
Yet another mental boost. Get to hang with the tribe!

And today? Looking a book for a dear friend about a
trail.  Trying to sneak peaks when I am not busy..or
even if I am. :D

I really should not be drinking coffee..too excited
anyway. :-)

--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com