[pct-l] Create the ultimate PCTwebsite

> > I think someone's already posted a web site that had the entire PCT
> waypoints! If the slippery slope of my memory serves me well, I believe
> it was programmed into one of the mapping software programs and the raw
> data can be downloaded...  Anyone remember where that is?

MapXchange on the National Geographic Topo! site www.topo.com has several
plots of at least the California section.

> Yeah, I can imagine a site with all this info!

The PCTA site will provide links to worthwhile sites. As for content, it's a
matter of too little time and money as I understand it. There are a number
of other sites that also attempt to capture a lot of this data.

Carl's ADZPCTKO site also has a good collection of organized links, and he
too will add others.

> trail journals... Add a
> thru-hiker progress log that thru-hikers can post their locations/dates.

Trailjournals.com does a lot of this, but many use their own sites. PCTA
will link to any PCT trail journal.

> Web cam links to places close or on the PCT (PS
> Tram and the Idyllwild "robocam" come to mind).

Brawny has this on her site http://www.trailquest.net/webcams.html but some
are outdated. I have a number of links and have thought about posting a list
but, well, you know...

> This could be BIG. Now if only someone who knows how to do this steps up
> and gets this going...

Thanks for volunteering to do this, Mike!

AsABat