[pct-l] late season snow conditions

Rayn
It is almost impossible to say from week to week what the weather will be
like here in Southern California. 2? weeks ago it was in the mid 80's to low
90's during the day, the last week & ? has been in the low 50's to mid 60's
during the day.

There was little snow, mostly ice. Now there is lots of snow on ice

Night time temps could be in the mid teens with strong winds depending on
your location.

I would say the most under estimated danger here is ice....

Many very experenced hikers familiar with these mountains have meet their
doom under estimating it.

One good thing is you can drop down out of the mountains very quickly if the
need arises and seek shelter.

If you are experienced in winter mountaineering you should do well. You can
hike these mountains though with little experience and do it safely, but you
need to know your limitations and how to read the conditions. Have
contingency plans for each segment, let some one know what your doing.

Trail90