[pct-l] Theodore Solomons Trail

How 'bout this alternative loop:

South on the JMT, then back north on Roper's High Route. (Actually, Roper
begins his route at Road's End in Kings Canyon, so you could take the
Solomons route to that point.)

*The Sierra High Route: Traversing Timberline Country*, by Steve Roper
(Mountaineers Books, 1997), describes a route that generally hugs the crest
even more closely than the JMT/PCT. Much of it is cross country, but above
treeline, routefinding is usually much easier! Over the years we've had some
of our best backcountry trips in areas described in this book.