[pct-l] RE Deaths along or near PCT recently

These folks where immigrants trying to come north for
economic reasons.  I am deeply saddened when folks
like this die for the same opportunities that I
probably take for granted on a daily basis.  They may
have come from much farther away than mexico too!  A
excellent book on this is Coyote's by Ted Conovor.
Maybe in the future some of us PCT hikers can aid so
that people may safely immigrate into the US and not
perish in the mountains so close to help.  It wasn't
until 1984 that laws were passed to hold employer's of
illegal immigrants responsible.  One story in the
Conovor book talks about how a group of immigrants
where arrested just a mile before their destination in
Idaho to pick onions for the summer.  They were flown
back (4 people) on a jet from Salt Lake City at the
cost of 2,000$ per person to San Diego then returned
to mexico via tijuana.  2 weeks later they were back
at work in Idaho.  Must be some sort of incentive
(money) to get people to go thru something like that
to work.  I am outraged by groups like the Minutemen
in Arizona and any person who does not understand the
situation on the border.  Read a book, go to mexico,
live near the border ( i have for six years in big
bend national park texas) and I will gaurantee your
view of the border and our immigration problem is much
different than what is portrayed in the media.

Deeply saddened over unnecessary death, adam