[pct-l] Trail Addiction

Jim, I'd hate to think I sent you hate mail. Far from
it. Expressing a different opinion is hardly hate
mail. Then again, you don't seem to like opinions that
are different from yours.

I am just asking you to not use your criteria for a
successful hike and place it on someone else.

People do this type of act with  religion, politics,
and other facets of life. Must you do that with how a
person enjoys the wilderness as well?

I think this statement is what causes people to pause:

"In other words, I take the time to enjoy the
surroundings and to experience what nature brings my
way."

Again, how can you say YOUR way is the only way to
"enjoy the surrounding and ro experience what nature
brings my way"?

I don't trust people who say their way is the one,
correct path.

I've seen elks bugling from my sleeping bag, crossed
snow fields with no one else around, explore slot
canyons that few people go to. Is my way worse than
yours? Is my enjoyment less? How can you tell me that
my hike was not enjoyable?

I walk from sunrise to sunset. I see the dawn and the
end of the day. The cycle of nature itself.

To quote from the Navajo's:

 "As I walk, as I walk, the universe walks with me".

To say that my form of wilderness experience is
somehow inferior to yours is insulting to me, to
peopel who do less mileage than you, to people who do
more than I.

regards

--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com