[pct-l] Resupply and Permits

OLALLIE LAKE RESORT:  I called Olallie in October and
was told that they may or may not accept hiker
packages in 2006.  The man I spoke with said to call
back after May 2006 to get current maildrop
information.

Never assume a private business or home will accept
hiker packages, even if a guidebook states that
packages are accepted.  Policies change all the time.
If you're sending a package to any place other than a
Post Office or the Saufley's, you should call ahead to
verify that the business/home will accept hiker
packages.

PERMIT:  The PCT Thru-Hiker Permit covers any hiker
who is hiking 500+ miles of the PCT.  If you have the
PCT Thru-Hiker Permit with you, you do not need a
special separate permit for any section of the trail.
HOWEVER, if you choose to climb Mt Whitney (which is
off the PCT), you need the Whitney Stamp on your
thru-hiker permit.

yogi
www.pcthandbook.com