[pct-l] Guitar Lake Parking Lot

_AsABat_ (mailto:AsABat@4Jeffrey.Net) , AKA Batson D. Belfrie  wrote:

The  parking lot is about 1/4 mile south-southeast of Guitar Lake's inlet,
but  it's easier to take the unmarked trail from the meadow and ponds that
are  east of Guitar.

There's also a hot tub just 9 inches southwest of that  location on the map.

That is so cool.  I missed  that spur trail at Guitar Lake everytime I have
passed through there to the  nearby parking lot.  I missed the hot springs too,
but I guess that is  because it is near the parking lot map wise.  You are a
neat guy to let me  know about these mountainman secrets.

The only thing I have ever known  about the area that was very unusual was
the grave down by upper Crabtree  Meadows.  It is one of the few allowed in a
national park.  I think I  visited it one time while camping in the area.

I remember one day I pulled into  Crabtree and was really tired.  The ranger
station was closed, but there  was a cheap green lawn chair on the front
porch.  Just to sit in that old  lawn chair for an hour was heaven.  I will never
forget that.  When I  came home to Las Vegas I purchased one for $5-7 down at
the hardware store and  put on my back patio.  It is to remind me that simple
things in life  can be all you need to be happy and content.  Depends on the
situation,  needs, and perspective at the time.

May be that sounds dumb, but that  cheap green chair is still sitting on the
patio.  I used it today while I  was painting some stuff.

Back to planning the Mt. Whitney  expedition!

Cheers, Switchback the Guitar Lake  Parking Lot Attendant