[pct-l] Posting question

How do you post a reply to a message in your bunched messages received daily from the mailman without posting all messages in that bunch?
I tried to post a reply and all the bunched messages including my reply instead of just my reply got posted.    WHAT A BUMMER!!!    In the past I have  posted via direct e-mail to the postman or replied to posts on the running message list. Can you reply directly to the bunched messages without posting all messages? If so, how do you do it?

JMT Reinhold