Fw: [pct-l] Once bitten on the trail?

That's right,  that is where many backpackers catch it, it seems to be a
gathering place for them vermin to pounce on unsuspecting backpackers.  NO
YOU NEVER GET FREED FROM
THIS ADDICTION.      " ONCE BITTEN FOREVER HOOKED."    As a matter of fact
the more often you get bitten the more addicted you become. Take SWITCHBACK
he first got bitten 40 years ago and he is still addicted. I got bitten
about 30 years ago and never got over it.  And 10
years ago I got bitten real bad on the  JMT  and every summer now I come
down with this JMT
fever and the only cure is to hike it, and I have bin hiking it every year
since.   Looks like you got it real bad too.   As a matter of fact I bet all
hard core backpackers and all posters on this site have been bitten at one
time ore another.    WOULD GETTING A SPOUSE NULLIFY THE THE ADDICTION?   I
don't think you ever get over this addiction.   Take me, I have a spouse,
I'm
still addicted. A spouse, however, can keep this addiction under control by
giving you a bite or two when the urge becomes to strong. Like an alcoholic
during a hang over another  shot will
ease the hang over.   SO MY ADVICE:     get a spouse or a girl friend and if
they bite you often enough, at least 3 times a day during the backpacking
season, and hard enough you may get addicted to them and that may neutralize
your backpacking addiction. If they question the 3
times a day routine tell them Dr. Reinhold prescribed it.

JMT REINHOLD
 Author    "SEX IN THE WILDERNESS"-----how to do it on the trail, off the
trail, in the bushes,  in the bivy sack and  99  other ways for the control
of backpacking addiction.
THE MOUNTAIN GOAT WROTE:     I must have gotten bitten at WR then. Thats
when they could sneak up on you while your in the open air tent with the
other would be victoms.
Since they have common names "BILLY, SUE, PEGGY, GEORGE, ETC."
you would have no idea that they were near you.
Does that mean if they bite you again, you get freed from this hiking
addiction?
Or what about finding a spouse.If you get addicted to her (wife) does that
nullify your desire to thru-hike?  I'm just looking for a cure.
After I got addicted I hiked the PCT in 2005, but instead of getting better,
now I wan't to do the CD, and then the PCT again. Seems like things are
getting worse.
 Luckly, I have not noticed any desire to do the AT.
Although hiking the Great Wall of China, did cross my mind.
-Mountain Goat-                 -----   Original Message -----