[pct-l] Packs for women

Thought I'd post it publically as well, because it is
a question that comes up from time to time.

For obvious reasons, I can't answer the question from
first hand experience. :)

But one pack many of my female friens like is the REI
Risingstar.

It is a farily light pack (about 3.5 lbs for a 3200+
CI pack). I have an acquaintance who is on the heavier
side and the pack fits her quite well. My former
girlfriend (who is petite and thin) also uses it. Yet
another friend is in the middle and it fits her well.
Basically, it is a pack that fits many different types
of women.

Most the of the ultra light packs do not seem to fit
women as well. If your friend is not into the long
distance hiking, it is a good general pack as well
(traveling, backpacking for the weekend). I do not
know of many ULW packs that seem to fit as well
becaause my experience is obviously limited.

REI no longer makes the pack, but I have seen it on
e-bay for $50 or less. So it is good bargain pack,
too.

--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com