[pct-l] Question for fundraisers/charity hikers

I hate this phrase, and it is over-used on the trail, but, this case is
truely a hike your own hike (HYOH) case.

If you want to hike for charity- do it.  If you don't want to hike for
chairty - do it.  There is nothing you have to do and if you do nothing that
is ok too...

If you can figure out how to hike and give money to a cause you believe in -
good work.  If you hke for yourself, good work...

I think, for many, sacrifice is a value - I believe this stems from a
Christian belief that says Jesus scarificed for humans so if you scarifice
you are a good person.  I don't know how much I believe in certain aspects
of religion but, for some, scarificing for charity, in the form of a charity
hike, feels good to them.  That's good enough reason for me to say - go for
it. You aren't hiking for other people's reasons.. Period.

Amen,

Mouse