[pct-l] a lightweight baking oven?

Hey all,

Ok, this just popped into my brain while reading these
posts.  Anyone who wannts can try it.  Maybe I will
later.

Ok, so if you have one of those old mess kits with two
pot/bowls, two plates, a cup, and a pot holder. The
whole things would usually strap together.  Well if
you took a small titanium frypan, supported it with a
cat food can with both ends cut out, and put that
inside the two pot/bowls and put it on a low flame, it
would basically be a small oven.  You would cook your
brownies in the frypan, using the old mess kit as an
oven.

Hmmmmmm.

Switchback, if this works, I give you permission to
put it in your super secrets papers.

If I catch anyone using this on the trail next year,
I'll be leveling a tax.

----Junaid #41PCT2006

http://mailman.backcountry.net/pipermail/pct-l/2003-April/004517.html

http://mailman.backcountry.net/pipermail/pct-l/2003-April/004532.html