[pct-l] Damn, we need a lightweight baking oven

Does anyone know of an easy way to bake on the trail using a Pepsi can
stove?   That would just be the best ever.

I made myself hungry here...

Mouse

http://mailman.backcountry.net/pipermail/pct-l/2003-April/004517.html
http://mailman.backcountry.net/pipermail/pct-l/2003-April/004532.html

In April 2003, there was a short discussion on baking with the cat stove.
Dr. Bob found a way to throttle one down to a small flame that would last 95
minutes. He is, imo, the only person I know to have baked with an alcohol
stove. IMO I don't think that a pressure "Pepsi" stove would be a good
choice for baking since it can't be throttled down to a low flame- low heat
output.  If you have a cat stove, pika, Brasslite, or any laminar flow (non
pressured) alcohol stove, you can add a simmer ring to the intakes and
restrictor for the exhaust port opening. Both of which will choke the air
flow and lower the heat output. His oven design is unique also.  Maybe Bob
will step into the discussion with his baking insight..